People are always asking me if it’s worth using HVAC drives on their pump and fan applications – do the numbers really add up?
Well, they certainly
do. As an example, take a typical ABB 11 kW HVAC drive with a purchase price of
about £1,145. What can it save in a year?
· Running the motor at 80 percent load = £2,599
· Time clock to switch on motor only when needed =
· More efficient than competing drive = £35 saving
· Eligible for Enhanced Capital Allowances = £217
· That’s a total of £3,528 a year – a payback of
only four months.
Numbers like these
make HVAC drives well worth investigating for your next upgrade.